Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thank You Hawaii Book Blog!


Thank you Hawaii Book Blog for the write up and support!
I was featured on their website...

Check out http://www.hawaiibookblog.com/ to see other books available from local authors in the Hawaiian Islands.
Danny and the Dolphin is now published!
I got the physical proof in the mail on my birthday a couple of weeks ago! It's the BEST birthday gift I could have ever received. After over a year of designing the interior and working on publishing it's complete...we're changing the size a little and making it a hard cover rather than a soft, but it's ready for print!
It's exciting to know that it will be available for you all to read soon...in just a couple more weeks! (I've been saying that for a long time now but this time it REALLY is just a couple more weeks...sounds like false labor)
My friend Katya Williamson (author of bringing the Soul Back Home) http://www.amazon.com/Bringing-Soul-Back-Home-Consciousness/dp/1846942020 told me that creating a book is like being pregnant and the publishing is like the birth of a baby...it takes months to create and then it's here forever. It really has been a lot more work than I ever imagined and I now have a new appreciation for the arts... film, paintings, music, and literature...it's all very time consuming and such a labor of love. Much like parenting!
I 'm SO appreciative for everyone that helped with this project: Editors, Katya Williamson and Angela Barton http://myyearwithoutspending.blogspot.com/ Bluewater Graphics, Captain Budd, and Rebbecca Byder for their photo shop and computer skills, Kimberly Martin at Self Pub.net http://www.self-pub.net/ Mill city Press http://www.millcitypress.net/ my husband Ken for his loving support and for keeping us afloat, and especially to Dan Mackin http://www.danmackin.com for his amazing art work.
Thank you SO much Dan! Your beautiful art has made my story come to life. We've created a really beautiful book together that I am so happy with and VERY proud of!

While waiting for Danny And The Dolphin to arrive, I've started working on my next project. If anyone out there would like to be a part of my next book then please send your Law Of Attraction stories and testimonials to me at my email: writtenbykatesommers@gmail.com
Thanks so much! ~Aloha



This is what Hawaii Book Blog posted:


Do you live by the Law of Attraction?

posted by A.Alba

danny-and-the-dolphin

If the answer to this question is yes, then you could be the person that Kate Sommers is looking for. Kate is a writer living in Hawaii whose first published book, Danny and the Dolphin will be released in a few weeks. The book is a short story about creating your life the way you love. She is looking for anyone who has a testimonial or story of success with deliberate creating and the Law of Attraction that she can incorporate into her new book. For further details on this opportunity, I invite you to visit her blog:

Creating A Life I Love.

You can also visit her official website here.

1 comment:

A.Alba said...

Hi Kate. Mahalo for the mention! Hawaii Book Blog is always eager to provide a voice for Hawaii's books and authors, especially those who are independently or self-published. We are happy to see that your book is finally published and wish you the best on your future projects. Take care!